Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What is a good laptop for college?

Well, it was a sad day when my HP dv6500 fell 6 feet from my bed, spider-webbing the screen. But I have to move on and I’m looking for somewhat of an upgrade that fits me and what I do. I’m not really looking to transfer to a Mac. I’m a PC guy and want to stick with Windows.
Requirements/Wants:
- It has to have WiFi and it also has to be fast. I watch a lot of YouTube/movies, do a lot of internet surfing, etc.
- It has to have a decent graphics card (HD). I do some occasional gaming, but I just want a good-quality graphics card that you can watch high-quality videos and game without too much loss of frame rate.
- Basic functionality has to be there. I’ll be using Word a ton and I need a good keyboard that does the job and feels good.
Those are my needs and wants. The budget is about $ 800, but going a bit higher won’t be that big of an issue. Other than that I’ve been looking at the Samsung R780 as a potential purchase, the Toshiba Portege 7705-P35, and the Samsung QX410-J01. I chose those because they have Windows 7, they were within the price range, they were top picks by tech sites, and they had – to an extent – what I wanted.
Any help/guidance is appreciated; I’m not a big expert on the subject.

Toshbias are really really good computers if your looking for a laptop they have all type of that and there are very strongly built computers i dropped mine several times accidently and it still works wonders…its pretty sweet

Costco has really good deals…Check out their website….http://www.costco.com

Good luck!
Don

i use a alienware m11x fully upgraded really light and small $ 2,000 though

Dell Inspiron…

and toshiba portege tablet

toshiba tablet price get Im really looking for a Samsung R780 and kina hunting for a bargin :)

Many thanks!

Best Buy should have stores in UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment