Thursday, February 16, 2012

Differences in game performance with i5 440m and i3 340m?

Hello :)

I am trying to decide between the Samsung r780 i3 version and the Samsung r780 i5 version, which is the same but has an i5 430M instead of i3 330M, as my new laptop which will mainly be used for games. There is a significant price difference between the two laptops (about £80) and so I would like to know if the slightly better CPU will make any real difference to game performance.

Also, if anyone knows of any better games laptops around the £700 price range, I would appreciate it if you could share that with me. Thank you.

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/corei3/mobile/specifications.htm
The Core i3.

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/corei5/mobile/specifications.htm
The Core i5

The i3 330m is a 2.13ghz dual core processor. The i5 430m is a 2.26ghz processor that will run up to 2.53ghz depending on the demand. So, clearly, the Core i5 430 is not only faster when running normally, but it offers an even faster turbo option that the core i3 doesn’t have.

The Core i5 430m will offer far better gaming performance than the core i3 330m.

end of line

and toshiba folio 100 tablet

toshiba tablet 2011 get Hello everyone

I’m thinking of upgrading my LAPTOP’s optical drive from a DVD±RW/CD-RW to a blu-ray optical drive. Obviously, the drives themselves are expensive, (the cheapest ones that I could find that would fit into a laptop were around $ 200) and then I would need to buy the software to be able to play the blu-rays.

Also, I have a Samsung R780-JT01 with a 720p screen. The main reason that I want a blu-ray player is because we have blu-ray disks that I want to watch, not because of the better quality (but that is a plus.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

And YES I do pick a best answer.

Thanks

use external usb blue ray drive.

It will be cheaper to get an external USB blueray drive. Plus you can use it on multiple computers.

Buy the external drive it’s cheaper.

the whole idea about blue ray is the speed….it actually burn data and transfer them faster than DVD-drive…
If you have money then upgrade it..if not…save your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment